Featured post

Innocence Waning is FINISHED!!!!

Nearly two years ago, almost to the day, I started writing something whilst sitting in my room over the Easter long weekend in April 2015. ...

Tuesday, 28 March 2017

Innocence Waning is FINISHED!!!!

Nearly two years ago, almost to the day, I started writing something whilst sitting in my room over the Easter long weekend in April 2015. I typed one thousand words and the first chapter of Innocence Waning was conceived. At the time, it didn’t have a title, a plot, any direction or an ending. It was merely a short story that was the result of my bemusement after using the sketchy public toilet that is described in Chapters 1 and 2 at Westgate Park in Melbourne. At the time, I never thought the one chapter short story would evolve into the epic that Innocence Waning is now. It is now officially a finished book and I am proud to call it my first. As I don’t consider myself a writer and don’t aspire to be a professional one, I am proud of it and look forward to having a copy printed and placed on my bookshelf somewhere between A Tale of Two Cities and Animal Farm.



The bemusement and even the mysteries of what happens within the Westgate Park public toilet eventually evolved into a six-chapter short story which I planned to end after the events that took place in Chapter 6. I penned a few short stories in the past but lost interest after Chapter 6 and I was keen to move on with other things at the time. Some positive response online was offered and interesting questions were asked, which gave oxygen to the smouldering flames and smoke in the depths of my mind. There were enough Easter eggs and questions that were left unanswered. It was then I thought that I could really make a go of this, and fanned more oxygen onto the flames over the next 18 months. One thing continued to haunt me as I continued to type? What should I do with the damned mystery caller that was introduced in Chapter 1? Much like other storylines which build up subtly until the big twist many chapters later, I decided to drag out the subplot with the mystery caller the longest. What I originally thought juvenile and even borderline cliché provided the segue to open up Chezdon's world which acts as the catalyst for most of the events that form the climax of this story.

Innocence Waning is an epic 216,786 words in length and 522 pages long in Microsoft Word. For the low price of £4.99, you can download a full copy by clicking the link to the store.


Innocence Waning free gay teen boy ebook download