Featured post

Innocence Waning is FINISHED!!!!

Nearly two years ago, almost to the day, I started writing something whilst sitting in my room over the Easter long weekend in April 2015. ...

Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Update on Innocence Waning + Writing Innocence Waxing + Propaganda

Yesterday, I sent my first promotional e-mail using Mailchimp. The amount of people that unsubscribed equalled the amount of sales that I made from selling Innocence Waning. Not such a bad ROI if you ask me! If you want to be added to my mailing list, you can input your e-mail into the form right here...




I continue to edit Innocence Waning in anticipation of releasing it on Amazon and Goodreads. The available download on this site is a 99.9% final draft at the moment. I am giving it a final check to revise a few grammar and make a few word substitutions and also ensuring that the layout will be acceptable on Amazon. The Chicago Manual of Style anyone?

I am also going to remove the reference to what Jack Torrance referred the cook as in The Shining as using the N-word, automatically disqualifies this from being published by Amazon Scout. Not like I planned to use Amazon Scout, but in this world where it is fashionable to be PC, I will just remove the word since it causes so much offence. I should also remove the two lines of lyrics from one of the songs by The XX that is referenced so I don't have to pay royalties. Again, these are the types of edits I am doing. Also, in the last chapter I make reference to the "Archdiocese" instead of the "Archbishop" as I had a complete brain-fart. After substituting "prey" for "pray" perhaps it is just my general atheisism that is putting up barriers with certain words. So if you buy the book, you will find out what the Archbishop of Melbourne has to do with a gaggle of teenage boys.

Tomorrow I am going to post more about Innocence Waxing and how it can be easily read as I post fully edited chapters. Now that will be some exciting information.

As an aside, I just extended my stay in Lyon France for four more days. With the wonderful weather, it is hard to go back to London at the moment, so buy one of the versions of Innocence Waning from my shop. Please support my writing endeavours before I go broke and have to get a real job.

Below you will find the awesome propaganda that I sent out to my mailing list yesterday. One of the benefits of self-publishing is that I am learning a fair amount about the tools needed for successful campaigns, configuring forms, importing code and fun stuff like that instead of actually writing words that you are anxious to read. More words will come soon though, I promise.

*|MC:SUBJECT|*

Innocence Waning

The Book - Get It Now!
 
"If you like a well-written literary work about high school boys that touches on every shocking and taboo topic out there, this is it! Definitely one of the best books on Wattpad. I've recommended it before and do again now that it's completed. Rated Mature, it's lengthy, wordy, has big paragraphs, long stream of consciousness episodes, and everything else a modern classic should have. I consider it a CATCHER IN THE RYE for the twenty-teens."
Nearly two years ago, almost to the day, I started writing something whilst sitting in my room over the Easter long weekend in April 2015. I typed one thousand words and the first chapter of my first book, Innocence Waning was conceived. At the time, it didn’t have a title, a plot, any direction or an ending. It was merely a short story that was the result of my bemusement after using the sketchy public toilet that is described in Chapters 1 and 2 at Westgate Park in Melbourne. At the time, I never thought the one chapter short story would evolve into the epic that Innocence Waning is now. It is now officially a finished book and I am proud to call it my first.
 
The bemusement and even the mysteries of what happens within the Westgate Park public toilet eventually evolved into a six-chapter short story which I planned to end after the events that take place in Chapter six. I penned a few short stories in the past but always lost interest after Chapter six. Heaps of positive feedback was offered online, which gave oxygen to the smouldering flames and smoke in the depths of my mind. It was then I thought that I could really make a go of this, and fanned more oxygen onto the flames of Innocence Waning over the next 18 months. One thing continued to haunt me as I continued to type? What should I do with the damned mystery caller that was introduced in Chapter 1? Much like other storylines which build up subtly until the big twist many chapters later, I decided to drag out the subplot with the mystery caller the longest. What I originally thought juvenile and even borderline cliché provided the segue to open up Chezdon's world which acts as the catalyst for most of the events that form the climax of this story.
 
Innocence Waning is an epic 216,786 words in length and 522 pages long in Microsoft Word. For the low price of £4.99, you can download a full copy by clicking the link to the store. You can also purchase a signed advance copy of the printed book, which will in-turn put a smile on my face and just to show you that I do care, I will include a digital download of the eBook also.
 
Buy Innocence Waning
Copyright © *|CURRENT_YEAR|* *|LIST:COMPANY|*, All rights reserved.
*|IFNOT:ARCHIVE_PAGE|* *|LIST:DESCRIPTION|*

Our mailing address is:
*|HTML:LIST_ADDRESS_HTML|* *|END:IF|*

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

*|IF:REWARDS|* *|HTML:REWARDS|* *|END:IF|*